INSTALLATION OF LOCAL AREA NETWORK FOR THE COMPETITION AND FAIR TRADING COMMISSION (CFTC)
Procurement Reference No.: CFTC/CS/22/02/04
Date of Issue: 1st March, 2022
The Competition and Fair Trading Commission (CFTC) is a body corporate established under the Competition and Fair Trading Act, Cap 48:09 of the Laws of Malawi.
The CFTC has allocated funds and intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds towards the cost of procurement of installation of a Local Area Network (LAN).
The Commission has its head office which is located in New Golden Peacock Office Complex, 6th Floor in City Centre, Lilongwe which requires installation of LAN.
The objective is to identify a that in addition to the supply of the materials for the LAN, should also carry out: installation, configuration, patching, testing, labelling and documentation of Local Area Network. The Commission shall require a wireless and wired LAN installation which is highly scalable and reliable. The summary of main components of the scope of works are:
- The supplier shall provide all materials, equipment and peripherals that shall be contained in the bidding document to shortlisted bidders.
- Install and connect all components in accordance to the work plan approved by CFTC.
- The supplier shall configure and connect all equipment.
- End to end tagging and labelling using agreed format with CFTC IT personnel
- Training of CFTC IT Personnel on equipment and LAN management
- Provide detailed documentation for LAN.
- Skills and Competencies
CFTC is looking for a bidder who has the following competencies:
- Experience Local Area Installation at institutions of similar nature to the Commission. To prove its experience, the bidder MUST include two references of which should include: Client name, Project description, Project start and end dates, Client address, telephone number and email address, and Proof of signed contracts or purchase orders or certificate of competition
- Qualified and experienced experts in structured Local Area Networks, and Network Administration with at least 3 years’ experience.
- CVs of the at least two qualified experts’ stated in (b) above MUST be submitted.
- Eligibility Requirements
Interested eligible bidders may submit expressions of interest to the address below. The submission MUST include:
- Business registration documents;
- Tax Payment Number Certificate;
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the immediate business year; and
- Names of the Directors
- Assessment of the Expression of Interests
Expressions of interest will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act of 2017 and Public Procurement Regulations 2020. Participation is open to all eligible bidders.
A shortlist of a maximum of six (6) legal firms shall be invited to submit technical and financial proposals for the provision of the consultancy services to the Commission. The proposals shall be evaluated using a Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) methodology.
Expressions of Interest must first be registered then deposited in a Tender Box that will be placed close to the Reception at or before 14th March, 2022 at 14:00 PM. The EOI shall be opened on 14th March, 2022 at 14:00PM. Late submissions shall be rejected. You are encouraged to attend the bid opening function.
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee,
Competition and Fair Trading Commission,
Off Presidential Way,
Golden Peacock Office Complex – 6th Floor,
Private Bag 332,
Capital City, Lilongwe 3;
Email: [email protected]
For clarification, contact Senior Procurement Officer on phone number +265 310 001 440/1 (office) or +265 888 550 539 (mobile). All calls MUST be made during working hours ONLY. Or through email [email protected].
REGISTER YOUR SUBMISSION BEFORE DEPOSITING YOUR BID INTO THE BID TENDER BOX. A BID SUBMITTED INTO THE TENDER BOX WITHOUT BEING REGISTERED SHALL BE REJECTED / DISQUALIFIED
Just Competition, Fair Trading