To regulate, monitor, control and prevent acts or behaviors which are likely to adversely affect competition and fair trading in Malawi
To create a competitive and fair market environment by regulating and enforcing competition and fair trading laws in Malawi for the ultimate benefit of consumers.
To be a distinguished market regulator for competition and fair trading in Malawi.
Just Competition. Fair Trading.
Our Core Values
In pursuit of CFTC goals and objectives, all staff strongly upholds the following core values;
- Transparency: All staff shall demonstrate high standards of openness and fairness
- Accountability: All staff shall demonstrate high standards of honesty and responsibility
- Efficiency: All staff shall demonstrate highest levels of competence and dedication to duty and provide a timely, prompt and cost effective service to the public
- Integrity: all staff shall demonstrate unimpeachable character, corrupt free and a high sense of professionalism.
- Teamwork – All staff shall work as a diverse but united team, recognising at all times the importance of cooperation and coordination amongst functional units and individuals.