PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES ON RETAINERSHIP AGREEMENT FOR COMPETITION AND FAIR TRADING COMMISSION (CFTC)
Procurement Reference No.: CFTC/CS/22/02/02
Date of Issue: 22nd February 2022
The Competition and Fair Trading Commission (CFTC) is a body corporate established under the Competition and Fair Trading Act, Cap 48:09 of the Laws of Malawi.
The CFTC has allocated funds and intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds towards the cost of procurement of Legal Services in a Retainership Basis for a period of twelve (12) months.
The CFTC now invites suitably qualified bidders (legal firms) to submit sealed expressions of interest for procurement of consultancy services for the provision of legal services to the Commission.
The CFTC is looking for consulting firm which has legal counsels who have a strong track record in Commercial and/or Competition Law with a minimum academic qualification of Law Degree from a recognised institution. Precisely, the firm should have staff members who have the following, but not limited to, skills and competencies:
- Be registered with all the relevant authorities including the Registrar General and the Malawi Law Society
- Demonstrate capacity to render legal services to the Commission through a team of well qualified legal practitioners who are familiar with the Malawi legal system and are licenced to practice law in the Supreme Court of Malawi; High Court and courts subordinate thereto
- Demonstrate relevant experience in providing legal services to other institutions of similar nature as the Commission.
Expressions of interest will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act of 2017 and Public Procurement Regulations 2020. Participation is open to all eligible bidders.
A shortlist of a maximum of six (6) legal firms shall be invited to submit technical and financial proposals for the provision of legal services to the Commission. The proposals shall be evaluated using a Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) selection methodology using Complex Based Request for Proposal Document.
Interested eligible bidders may submit expressions of interest to the address below. The submission MUST include:
- Relevant registration documents;
- Tax Payment Number Certificate;
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the immediate business year;
- Names of the Directors;
- Qualifications of key personnel; and
- Proof of previous assignments e.g. recommendation letters from at least 2 organizations where they have undertaken such assignments.
Expressions of Interest must first be registered then deposited in a Tender Box that will be placed close to the Reception at or before 9th March 2022 at 14:00 PM. The EOI shall be opened on 9th March 2022 at 14:00PM. Late submissions shall be rejected. You are encouraged to attend the bid opening function.
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee,
Competition and Fair Trading Commission,
Off Presidential Way,
Golden Peacock Office Complex – 6th Floor,
Private Bag 332,
Capital City, Lilongwe 3;
Email: [email protected]
For clarification, contact Senior Procurement Officer on phone number +265 310 001 440/1 (office) or +265 888 550 539 (mobile). All calls MUST be made during working hours ONLY. Or through email [email protected].
REGISTER YOUR SUBMISSION BEFORE DEPOSITING YOUR BID INTO THE BID TENDER BOX. A BID SUBMITTED INTO THE TENDER BOX WITHOUT BEING REGISTERED SHALL BE REJECTED / DISQUALIFIED