NOTICE is hereby given that the Competition and Fair Trading Commission (CFTC), in line with the requirements of Section 10(2) and Section 11 of the Competition and Fair Trading Act, will hold a Public Hearing on Monday 23rd July, 2018 at Bingu International Convention Centre (BICC) from 09:30 hrs.
The Commission is therefore inviting ALL interested persons or enterprises, who in their opinion, will be affected or are likely to be affected by the findings of the investigations carried out by the CFTC, to make a written request to be heard during the hearing.
The schedule of cases to be considered at the public hearing is as follows:
- Report on the alleged unconscionable conduct and quoting prices in foreign currency without authorisation by MultiChoice Malawi Ltd;
- Report on the alleged supply of products (SOBO Squash) likely to cause injury/harm to consumers by Castel Malawi Group Ltd;
- Report on the alleged supply of drinks containing foreign objects by Castel Malawi Group Ltd;
- Report on the alleged resale price maintenance by Castel Malawi Group Ltd;
- Report on the alleged charging in foreign currency without authorisation by Lilongwe City Mall/Broll Malawi Ltd;
- Report on the alleged misleading conduct by Peoples Trading Centre;
- Report on the proposed acquisition of Crown Poultry by Central Poultry (2000) Limited;
- Report on the proposed acquisition of direct control of Alpha Security Company by Ursa Security International Limited (USI);
All written requests should be submitted to the following address by 12th July 2018.
The Executive Director
Competition and Fair Trading Commission
Off Mandala Road
1st Floor Mpikisano House, Area 3
Email: [email protected]
CHARLOTTE WEZI MALONDA