Grade: CFT 2
Employment Terms: Three year fixed term contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Reporting to: The Executive Director
The Director is responsible for the direction and management of Corporate Services of the Commission and for ensuring the provision of high-level systems and services for all administrative functions within the Commission, including human resources, budget, finance, assets management, IT and system development, procurement, risk management, and related support activities. As a member of Senior Management, the Director actively contributes to the overall management of the Commission by providing guidance and direction in the development and implementation of strategies in support of the Commission’s mandate and work programmes.
Leadership and General Management
- Provide positive and professional leadership to staff in Corporate Services, ensuring that the department delivers effective support to the activities of the Commission;
- Contribute to the management of the Commission, as a member of the Senior Management team, by participating in the generation of new ideas and fresh approaches to how the Commission manages its business;
- Delegate appropriate responsibility for the provision of corporate services whilst retaining overall accountability for the delivery of those services;
- Provide advice and support to the departments and programmes within the Commission on matters relating to any issue within the remit of Corporate Services;
- Support the implementation of the Commission’s policies relating to corporate services functions including risk management procedures;
- Performs any other duty as directed by the Executive Director.
- Building a customer-focused, business partnering culture, focused on continuous improvement to support the needs of the Commission, senior executive team, managers and industry teams to facilitate the commission in delivering its work program.
Finance and Procurement
- Oversee the finance function, ensuring proper administration of the Commission’s financial affairs; advising and assisting the Executive Director and other Directors on budget and financial planning strategies; monitoring and revising the budget in line with changing demands and projected out-turns; and preparing the annual financial statements with the input of the Chief Accountant;
- Ensure effective control and management of the Commission’s income and expenditure;
- Ensure the provision of meaningful, accurate and timely management accounting and performance measurement information to the Executive Director;
- Manage all tendering and procurement activity in accordance with relevant guidelines and legislation.
- Manage Commission’s investment portfolios.
Human Resource Management
- Oversee the human resources function, ensuring the provision of advice on HR matters to the Executive Director and Senior Management team, including the development and review of relevant HR strategies, policies and procedures;
- Provide advice and guidance to the Executive Director and Senior Management Team on organisational development matters;
- Monitor and adapt remuneration and entitlement levels to ensure that the pay structure of the Commission is responsive to Government requirements, needs and expectations of staff, as well as market and economic conditions;
- Ensure the provision of a range of HR services including recruitment and selection; training and development; performance management; disciplinary and grievance procedures; staff motivation, team building, and payroll and pensions;
- Ensure that Commission’s HR policies and procedures are consistent with relevant laws and Government policies and directives.
Facilities & IT
- Oversee the IT function, ensuring the ongoing development and implementation of the Commission’s IT services;
- Provide the Commission with efficient and effective reception services;
- Manage the premises used by the Commission including the relationships with landlords, managing agents and other tenants (where appropriate);
- Procure and manage a range of facilities management services including catering, cleaning, security, and fire protection.
- Ensure that Departments and Divisions are provided with the necessary facilities for their efficient operation.
Qualification and Competencies:
The suitable candidate must have:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or other related disciplines;
- ● Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or other related disciplines; and
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA or CIMA and
- Professional membership such as ICAM or MAB.
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in financial, budgeting, and administration management, of which at least three (3) years should be at a senior management level in an organization with a record of success in human resources and financial management linking service delivery to strategic objectives;
- Proven track record of achieving results in a corporate or public service environment, with demonstrated success in developing policies, procedures and processes and building systems and tools to support a growth-oriented organization;
- Experience in dealing with the Government, private sector players and statutory bodies;
- Experience in implementing significant change management processes;
- Experience in project management and related financial reporting; and
- Demonstrable knowledge of Public Finance Management Act and Public Procurement, Asset Disposal Act and other relevant legislation.
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams;
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and to transfer knowledge and skills;
- Ability to deliver results and to manage change;
- Excellent negotiation, dialogue/conflict resolution and diplomacy skills;
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write concise, straight forward and jargon free material and the ability to present complex political/technical issues to non expert audiences;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and efficiency; and
- Excellent sense of initiative, ability to set priorities and work under pressure with accuracy and dedication.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package; and an understanding of the strategic importance of IT to the delivery of an organisation’s success.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Successful candidate shall be offered a negotiable performance related contract with an attractive salary in the ranges of MK 2.6 million to MK 3.2 million per month and duty facilitating benefits commensurate with seniority of the position and qualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), with names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees and a copy of the National ID to the following address:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
Department of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2nd March, 2023