Procurement Reference No.: CFTC/CS/21/04/01
The Competition and Fair Trading Commission (CFTC) is a body corporate established under the Competition and Fair Trading Act, Cap 48:09 of the Laws of Malawi.
The CFTC has allocated funds and intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds towards the cost of procurement of consultancy services for Governance Audit, and Review of Board Charter.
The CFTC now invites suitably qualified bidders to submit sealed expressions of interest for procurement of consultancy services for execution of a Governance Audit.
The CFTC is looking for consulting firm / consultant(s) with a strong track record in the field of Law, Risk Management, Accounting, and Auditing with a minimum academic qualification of a postgraduate degree for the lead consultant for a consulting firm as well as for an individual consultant (herein referred as Consultant). Precisely, the Consultant should have, but not limited to, the following skills and competencies:
- Demonstrable experience of conducting high quality and credible corporate and/or public governance audit;
- In depth knowledge of governance audit for State Corporation / Statutory Institutions.
- Familiarity with appropriate legal framework and best practices for corporate and public governance, and risk management;
- Ability to prepare, and present public and/or corporate governance audit reports;
- Demonstrable knowledge in Malawi’s Competition and Fair Trading Act and Consumer Protection Act;
- Demonstrable knowledge in the appropriate legal framework, guidelines, procedures and policies for the appointment and functioning of Board of Directors / Commissioners for Statutory Corporations; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including making PowerPoint presentations.
Expressions of interest will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act of 2017 and Public Procurement Regulations 2004. Participation is open to all eligible bidders.
A shortlist of a maximum of six (6) Consultants shall be invited to submit their proposal to provide the consultancy services. The proposals shall be evaluated using a Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) selection methodology.
Interested eligible bidders may submit expressions of interest to the address below. The submission MUST include: Certificate of Business Registration, Tax Payment Certificate, Tax Clearance Certificate, Names and CVs of the Directors and the Lead Consultant, and proof of previous assignments.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below at or before 4th May 2021 at 12:00 PM in a Tender Box that will be placed at the Reception. The EOI shall be opened on 7th May 2021 at 14:00PM. Late submissions shall be rejected.
The expression of interest could also be submitted electronically but with a password which shall be submitted in person for those bidders who shall attend the EOI opening. Or send to [email protected] thirty minutes prior to the bid opening on 4th May 2021.
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee,
Competition and Fair Trading Commission,
Off Presidential Way,
Golden Peacock Office Complex – 6th Floor,
Private Bag 332,
Capital City, Lilongwe 3;
Email: [email protected]
For clarification, contact Senior Procurement Officer on phone number +265 310 001 440/1 (office) or +265 888 550 539 (mobile). All calls MUST be during working hours ONLY. Or through email [email protected].