The Competition and Fair Trading Commission (the Commission) is a body corporate established under the Competition and Fair Trading Act, Cap 48:09 of the Laws of Malawi.
In order to comply with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Asset Act (PPDA), 2017, the Commission is inviting interested bidders to express interest for possible contract award on framework agreement as prescribed in Section 61 (1) of the PPDA, 2017.
The goods and services required on a framework agreement are as detailed in the table below.
|Lot Number||Goods / Services||Pricing Model||Frequency of Orders||Period for Framework|
|1||Car Hiring||Fixed Rate(s)||As need arises||One year|
|2||Security Services||Fixed Rate(s)||For define locations & and when need arises||One year|
|3||Catering Services – head office in Lilongwe||Fixed Rate(s)||As need arises||One year|
|4||Production of radio programmes||Fixed Rate(s)||As need arises||One year|
|5||Production of TV programmes; and comedies||Fixed Rate(s)||As need arises||One year|
|6||Production of outdoor banners, indoor pull-up banners, flyers.||Fixed prices||As need arises||One year|
|7||Motor vehicle repairs and maintenance||Fixed Service Fees except spare parts||As need arises||One year|
|8||Cleaning Services||Fixed Rate(s)||For defined offices||One year|
|9||Public Auctioneering Services||Fixed Rate(s) / Commission||As need arises||One year|
|10||Insurance Services||Based on the items to be insured||One off for premises, asset, and staff||One year|
|11||Information, Communication and Educational Materials (IEC)||Fixed rate(s) / prices||As need arises||One year|
|12||Routine Maintenance, and repairing of ICT equipment||Fixed rate(s)||As need arises||One year|
|13||Legal Services on Retainer Agreement||Fixed rate(s)||As need arises||One year|
|14||Stationery and office supplies||Fixed prices||As need arises||One year|
|15||Golf Shirts, T-Shirts, Umbrellas,||Fixed Prices||As need arises||One year|
|16||Branded key-holders, folders, brochures, stickers||Fixed Prices||As need arises||One year|
|17||Diaries, and Notebooks||Fixed Prices||As need arises||One year|
|18||Calendars: One Month-To-View; and Three Month-To-View||Fixed Prices||As need arises||One year|
Interested bidders / Bidders must include the following in their bid for consideration for framework agreement:
- Business Registration Certificate,
- Tax Payment Identification Certificate (TPIN),
- Tax Clearance Certificate,
- Professional Registration.
- Rates of Services / Prices of the Goods,
- Standard Rates / Prices for Services / Goods (whichever is applicable)
- Post Qualification:
- Evidence of Previous Contracts (within the last three years),
- Samples where applicable and desirable to support bidder’s capacity,
- Defect liability and replacement within seven days.
- Names of Directors.
- Registration with Public Procurement and Disposal Authority (PPDA)
A completed bid / application for framework agreement document and all requested additional document MUST be returned in a SEALED envelope to:
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee
Competition and Fair Trading Commission,
Golden Peacock Office Building, 6th Floor, Off Presidential Driveway,
P.O. Box 332,
- Bids in SEALED envelopes MUST be clearly marked “BIDDING FOR FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT 2020 – 2021” and MUST be registered at the reception before depositing in a TENDER BOX that shall be placed at the Commission’s reception.
- Each Bidder is allowed to express interest for not more than three Lot under which it is eligible to bid based on regulatory registration.
- The Commission RESERVES the right to verify the authenticity of any information a Bidder submitted without consulting the Bidder
- All successful Bidders SHALL be communicated in writing.
- Successful Bidders shall sign pre-agreed prices and/or rates for some goods, and services where applicable.
- The framework agreements SHALL be governed by the General Condition of Contract as prescribed in the standard bidding document for goods and services as issued by Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Asset Authority. Those interested MUST request electronic copy from [email protected] not later than a week prior to the close of the bidding period.
For clarifications ONLY, submit your inquiry to [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of the bids is Tuesday, 7th July, 2020
Just Competition. Fair Trading